29 May 2006

Memorial Day

Today I am blessed to be part of the American Legion Honor Guard that will dedicate the new Veterans Park in the small town I live in.
It is a time of mixed emotions for me. How do I properly Honor the service of my dad who kept B-52’s flying while he was in the Air Force and for many years later after he got out? My uncle, a decorated Nam Vet (deceased)? Or my other uncle what worked Intel, or my other uncle that never saw combat but served. My Mom who sent care packages to me and my brother while we were in the USN? My Grandfather who died of complications from mustard gas from WWI? My Great-Uncles who were mad because they were exempted from WWII because they had a ranch a little NW of North Platte NE and were considered vital to the war effort? A letter we have from a British relative talks about how many of our family ‘have left their bones in foreign countries’. There are others that served from the Revolutionary War and the Great White Fleet.
How oh How do we remember these and the countless others.
By keeping this country free and not letting the libtards or goat humpers take over. It’s going to be a long and hard fight but I KNOW we are up to it.

BTW do ya know what the definition of ‘mixed emotions’ is?
Your mother-in-law riding your Harley off a cliff…

Another great post is at my Blog Fathers site Here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Memorial Day Huj...sounds like your family has a long history of serving their country.

29 May, 2006 06:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home