12 December 2006

Just A Biker

I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
You didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.
I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.
You didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall.
I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant.
You didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.
I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by
You didn't see me driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.
I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children.
You didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.
I saw you stare at my long hair.
You didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches of it off for Locks of Love.
I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves.
You didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.
I saw you look in fright at my tattoos.
You didn't see me cry as my children were born and having their name tattooed on my skin and in my heart.
I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
You didn't see me going home to be with my family.
I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
You didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.
I saw you yelling at your kids in the car.
You didn't see me pat my child's hands knowing he was safe behind me.
I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
You didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.
I saw you race down the road in the rain.
You didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.
I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
You didn't see me trying to turn right.
I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
You didn't see me leave the road.
I saw you waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
You didn't see me I wasn't there.
I saw you go home to your family.
You didn't see me, because I died that day you cut me off.
To you I was just a biker, not a person with a family and friends.
You didn't see me and now they will never see me again

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how unusally sad a post Huj, but somehow so beautiful.

15 December, 2006 15:58  
Blogger Hujonwi said...

Being someone who use to, and will again, ride alot it's also very true.

16 December, 2006 01:15  
Blogger Neenie said...

i sent this to others who'd enjoy it thanks

04 January, 2007 05:35  
Blogger Hujonwi said...

Glad to hear that neenie, can't wait till I can get my Sporty back on the road.

05 January, 2007 02:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home