10 March 2006

USN

This will be an interesting story to keep in sync.

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I was in the US Navy stationed on the USS Coral Sea CV-43 in Alameda CA.

Bill and I stopped by a park to drink a few cold ones. We ran into some other guys from the ship. There were a lot of civvies around so we decided to head to another section of the park. I think maybe 5 cars with less than 20 guys. We were standing around our cars, drinking beer and talking when several cop cars pulled up. We thought, WTF, no loud music etc. A sergeant walked up and said, “Is this it?” With a few in me I replied ‘Is this what?’ He said, ‘We got a call that there was a big party going on over here’. We all look at each other and ask ‘what big party”. The police sergeant says ‘Somebody from the apartment complex over there said there was a big loud party going over here’. We all look at each other again and say “Just us, not trying to cause any trouble’. He ask ‘Well are all of you old enough to drink?’ We lied and said ‘Yes’.

He ask “Well do you mind if we look around?” We said ‘Sure go for it’.

Well a couple of the officers started looking in the cars and one came by my truck, looked at my rear view mirror and noticed a small stuffed raccoon hanging from it in a hangman’s noose. He turned and looked at me with one of those WTF looks. I said, “What else do ya do with it?”

I know that if the lady that gave it to me is reading this she will be irked. She sure was then. But it makes a great story to talk about now.

The cops had a little talk and the sergeant told us “you guys, finish your beers, take off, I don’t see anything here and I don’t want to have to come back”.

We Did.

One of many stories about my time in the USN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home