09 March 2006

Interesting...

To start with I'm not advocating smoking.

That being said, was listening to the radio this morning and there was a story about the girl that just died of lung cancer and the fact that she never smoked. Well at least the lady being interviewed was honest. She said that 60% of lung cancer patients have either never smoked or quit years ago. That's right 60%. Not to sure about that figure myself cause I heard on another show that less than 15% of smokers get lung cancer.
Not quite sure what to think about all of that. I'm guessing that some anti-smoking jihadist are playing fast and loose with the facts or out right lies about smoking. It makes one wonder that if they took a bunch of the chemicals out of smokes that they put into them that the rate of smokers getting lung cancer would go down even more.
Now I just heard one that said that 20% of lung cancer is in people who have never smoked. WTF. If ya go by these numbers ya have a better chance of not getting lung cancer if ya keep smoking.

Now I'm promoting smoking, but it is a great way to take more breaks than your do-gooder co-workers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home